Privacy notice for www.nextcomp.ac.uk
In accordance with Data Protection Legislation and the Privacy Electronic Communications Regulations, this privacy notice will:
- inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website;
- tell you about your privacy rights;
- tell you how the law protects you.
What do we collect?
What is personal data?
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
Data collected by NextCOMP website
How we use your data
Anonymous data can be viewed by authorised people in the NextCOMP programme, at Imperial, at University of Bristol, and trusted partners for instance:
- to report on website interactions internally and externally,
- to quantify our outreach, or to inform about how our website is used/accessed,
- and more specifically usage statistics will be included in documents to our funding body the EPSRC (Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) which is part of UK Research and Innovation).
The Google Analytics tracking tool uses a number of cookies to collect information and report website usage statistics and does so without personally identifying individual visitors to Google, NextCOMP, Imperial College London, University of Bristol, or trusted partners. If you wish to opt-out of Google Analytics tracking please visit and install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
How we use store your data
The regulations storing information in the UK is undertaken by The Information Commissioner Office, please refer to their website for more information.
Links to other websites
The NextCOMP websites contain links to other websites.
Following a link to NextCOMP from another website
This statement was prepared on 8 February 2022. It was last updated on 8 February 2022.